Attorney Lindsay C. Stella
Lindsay C. Stella represents individuals in all aspects of family law including negotiation of prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements, distribution of assets, adoptions, child custody and visitation disputes, child support and maintenance issues, civil unions, guardianship issues, complex issues in valuation of business interests, post-decree issues, paternity cases, and other matrimonial and family law related matters and proceedings. Ms. Stella is a court certified Guardian ad Litem, Child’s Representative, and attorney for the child who is appointed by the Court to represent minor children in contested custody cases.
While in law school, Ms. Stella received a Certificate of Merit Award for the highest grade attained in the areas of Advanced Evidence and Police Officer Civil Liability. Ms. Stella maintained herself on the Dean’s List in law school and competed in Moot Court Competitions, earning a place in the semi-finals. Ms. Stella completed her 711 Internship at the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office where she continued to sharpen her litigation skills. She graduated from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in January of 2010 with a Concentration in Litigation.
Ms. Stella received her undergraduate degree from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2006 with a major in English and a double minor in Political Science and Women’s Studies. During her time she maintained herself on the Dean’s List and Honor Roll. She was also an active member of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Society, Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, and Sigma Alpha Lambda a National Leadership and Honors Society.
Currently, Ms. Stella holds the position of Chair of DuPage County New Lawyer’s Committee where she actively participates in and organizes bar functions geared toward networking opportunities for newly admitted attorneys. She held the position of Vice-Chair during the 2011-2012 year.
She was also appointed in 2012 to the Illinois State Bar Association’s Standing Committee for Women and the Law by the President of the ISBA.
She is an active member of the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers and the DuPage Justinian Society of Lawyers. In addition, Ms. Stella maintains a position on the Junior Board of Directors for DuPage County Family Shelter Services and is an active volunteer and advocate for the program.
- Illinois, 2010
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2010
- J.D., Dean’s List, Certificate of Merit Advanced Evidence, Certificate of Merit Police Officer Civil Liability, Moot Court Competition Semi-Finalist
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2006
- B.A., Dean’s List, Honor Roll
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Sigma Tau Delta (English Honors Society)
- Sigma Alpha Lambda (National Leadership & Honors Society)
Professional Assocations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- New Lawyer’s Committee Vice Chair, 2011-2012
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- DuPage County Family Violence Coordinating Council
- The Justinian Legal Society
- Illinois State Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Top Ten Ranking, 2014
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Offices of Walter R. Jackowiec III, P.C., 2010-2011
- Associate Attorney
- McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, 2009-2010
- 711 Practicing Intern